Fichteltribe Hoodie – Organic Cotton and Hemp
The wonderful abstract pattern of this hoodie says “winter” to us. But more than that, we think that this is the ultimate Christmas jumper. Why? Well, the downside of the humble Christmas jumper is that it gets worn only a couple of times each year. We think this top is equally at home at Christmas as any other time of the year.
Why the “Fichteltribe” hoodie? The design was inspired by the Fichtel mountains which are located close to our friends at Bleed Clothing in north-eastern Bavaria, Germany.
The print is applied directly to the natural, undyed organic cotton (90%) and hemp (10%) fabric.
- Men Regular Fit
- Colour: offwhite | green
- Manufactured in Portugal
- Quality brushed, soft and breathable fabric, made of hemp and organic cotton
- Undyed fabric in natural offwhite
- Adjustable hood
- Water-based allover print
- Two front pockets
- Patch made of cork
Our model Tim is 5’10” (1.78m) tall and weighs 11st 10lb (72kg). He is wearing size M.
To get the perfect fit, we recommend:
- Look in your wardrobe for a similar piece of clothing – one where you’re happy with the fit.
- Lay it down flat and take the measurements shown in the diagram above.
- Compare those measurements with our size guide.
The actual measurements of a “large” hoodie, or a “medium” t-shirt, can vary significantly between different manufacturers – this method helps you get the right fit first time.
Caring for your garment
A big chunk of the environmental impact a garment has occurs once it’s in your hands. These guidelines not only ensure that your garment will last, but also help to keep the planet cool.
- Only wash when it really needs it. This saves energy, water, your time and extends its life.
- When it’s ready for a wash, turn it inside out. This reduces the abrasion on the outside of the garment, and helps it to keep looking crisp for longer.
- Wash at 30 degrees. Yep, I know, we wash colours at 40 right? Well, there’s no need – it’ll look and smell just great when washed at 30deg (as will most of your clothes!). It’ll also help to cut your electricity bill too – winner!
- Line dry after washing. Hot washing and tumble drying can effect the dimensional stability and can cause fading of the colours.
The clothes industry is a particularly dirty industry – we’re trying to do things in a better way!
None of our clothes contain polyester, nylon, or any other unsustainable man-made fibres, ensuring that micro plastics don’t end up in the sea. But that’s just the start. Below is a list of credentials that this product adheres to:
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
The Global Organic Textile Standard certifies that part of the material used in this fabric is organic. In this case 90% of the fabric is cotton and is certified as organic. But what about the 10% hemp? Hemp grows like a weed and natually doesn’t require any pesticides or other polluting chemicals. Click the GOTS logo below to find out more about their certification process, or visit our blog to see why we think hemp is the wonder fabric we need.
- 10% Hemp
- 90% Organic Cotton (certified by GOTS)
Shipping & Returns
Our standard shipping costs are:
£3.40 – Standard delivery, tracked, 3-4 working days
£4.50 – Express delivery, tracked, 1-2 working days
We can, however, just sneak a single t-shirt out as a large letter, so we have a cheaper rate for those orders only:
£2.70 – Standard delivery, 3-4 working days
£3.30 – Express delivery, 1-2 working days
You can send any unwanted items back to us, FREE, within 21 days.
We understand that this might not be long enough when purchasing gifts for Christmas, so for any December orders we ask that you contact us by the 8th January or within 21 days of the purchase, whichever is the longer.
Please ensure that the items are unworn and have any labels still attached.
To make a return, please let us know via the returns contact form and we’ll email you a postage label. If you don’t have a printer, we can post the return label to you – just make a note of it when you contact us.
We normally expect to process your return and issue your refund within 7 days from receipt of the item, although this may be a little longer during busy periods. Please make sure that you get a receipt of postage just in case the item goes missing in the post!